Tuesday, January 2, 2018

#MustReadin2018

#MustReadin2018 



The #MustReadin2018 is a reading challenge led by Carrie Gelson at There is a Book for That. I enjoy being part of the group of readers setting and aiming for their own unique reading goals. In 2017 I read over 125 chapter books so I know it's possible to accomplish my #MustReadin2018 list. I also know there will be other books catching my eye, so who knows? My plan may be completely derailed. Either way, it will be fun.

There are many brand new books on my list from the Rich in Color release calendar and from the post 46 Books by Women of Color to Read in 2018, but I included a few older titles too from the Goodreads TBR. The vast majority are written by women and I tried to include a wide variety. One of the reasons I like this challenge is the individuality of it. Each of us gets to make a distinct plan. It's also very low stress because we can change our list and it's totally acceptable to only finish part of them. I look forward to getting started. Have a great year filled with amazing reading.

5 comments:

  1. I always love your lists Crystal! I shared the link to 46 Books . . . when I included your list. Thank you. I am now off to Goodreads to add more of these to my To Read list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep this list close, Crystal, won't be able to do many, but will watch for the reviews, too. I'm interested in Hunger by Roxane Gay, at least right now! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, I forgot about Binti. So many great books with gorgeous covers on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homegoing and Give Me Some Truth, are on my list this year as well. Many of these are new to me and I'll be looking forward to reading your reflections and reading some of them, like Rebel Seoul, for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love how individual the challenge is. And your list is so great. Look at all those pretty covers! (Plus also, I thought I had already commented on this, but I must have just thought of what my comment would be. Typical.)

    ReplyDelete