Sunday, September 24, 2017

It's Monday! What are you reading?


It's Monday! What are you Reading? is a meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. It's a great way to recap what you read and/or reviewed the previous week and to plan out your reading and reviews for the upcoming week. It's also a great chance to see what others are reading right now...you just might discover your next “must-read” book!

Kellee Moye, of Unleashing Readers, and Jen Vincent, of Teach Mentor Texts decided to give It's Monday! What Are You Reading? a kidlit focus. If you read and review books in children's literature - picture books, chapter books, middle grade novels, young adult novels, anything in the world of kidlit - join us! We love this meme and think you will, too. We encourage everyone who participates to visit at least three of the other kidlit book bloggers that link up and leave comments for them.

If you want to know more about what I've been reading, visit my Goodreads shelf.

Last Week on the Blog:
Last Week in Books:


As has been the case in the past few weeks, another K Drama was taking up some of my reading time. The most recent one I finished up was Strong Woman Do Bong Soon. It had some creepy/scary parts, but also a ton of humor and some romance. It made me smile and I feel the need of a lot of smiles and laughter lately.

The Authentics also provided some of that this weekend. I was excited to get my hands on it after interviewing Abdi Nazemian last month for Rich in Color. It was a fun book about family and identity.

I am still reading a bunch of picture books. While not really a picture book, Princess Cora and the Crocodile had a lot of pictures. It's an early chapter book that is filled with humor and the reminder that children need to play and have adventures. Many of the picture books were nice and I think Barnaby Never Forgets is going to be a very fun read aloud. It's really funny and I know my students are going to laugh at the things he manages to forget.

The Coming Week: I have a visitor coming to stay this week so I may only get to picture books this week, but I will likely finish The Distance Between Us. I wish you a wonderful week!


Reading Challenge Updates:
Goodreads Challenge 2017 - 538/550
Diversity on the Shelf 2017 - 198/225 (goal = 50% of my books by and/or about POC)
#OwnVoices Challenge - 112/125
#MustReadin2017 - 21/24

4 comments:

  1. I have The Authentics in a pile of books from my library. I'm reading them as fast as I can, but it could be a while til I get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read the new Barnett/Klassen book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also have house guests and my mother-in-law is coming over tomorrow and staying for two weeks. I hope I can still get some reading though. :)

    ReplyDelete