Sunday, January 15, 2017

Reading Goals for 2017

 

For 2017, I'm aiming to do many of the same challenges I've done in the past. I'm participating in the Goodreads Challenge. That one looks incredible at 550 books, but that includes the many picture books I consume so the number is misleading.

I don't know if anyone is specifically hosting the Diversity on the Shelf challenge this year, but for myself, I am aiming for 50% of the books I read to be by or about POC/Native American people. There are a few diversity challenges out there, but I am just going to do it on my own. Along with this challenge, I will be aiming to read more #ownvoices than not.

I did the LGBTQIA Challenge for the first time last year. It was a nice way to find out about some new books. I'm working my way through the children/YA Stonewall awards and honors along with some of the titles mentioned by other participants.

Another challenge is the #MustReadin2017 hosted by Carrie Gelson. I chose 24 books this time instead of over 50. I'm trying to keep things reasonable and low stress.
 
I'm going to try to jump back into the Nonfiction Picture Book Challenge hosted by Alyson Beecher.I have done it in the past, but last year I wasn't participating as much the second half of the year. I like doing it because it gets me into more nonfiction which isn't something I naturally gravitate to.
 
I want to keep things relaxed, but I like a bit of a challenge so we will see how this goes. Happy reading.

1 comment:

  1. Reasonable and low stress sounds good to me. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete