Saturday, September 17, 2016

Celebrate!



Ruth Ayres has a link-up on weekends where people link to posts that are celebrations about their week. I love this reminder to celebrate every week.





The Mini Donut Half Marathon

Today I celebrate finishing another half marathon. Around mile ten things were a little grim - my tummy wasn't cooperating, but I made it.

The run was created to provide suicide awareness and education. My father died by suicide when I was in my late 20s so the run is meaningful on several levels. There were others to remember along the run too: a community leader, the nephew of a friend, the father of a friend and a student from the local high school. I was remembering all of these people and their families along the way. It was a beautiful day and there were lots of donuts at the end. Fortunately, my stomach was doing better by then.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on completing this run for some significant people in your life. Suicide touches so many lives. I have a dear friend who lost a son to suicide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing despite the 'extra' challenge, Crystal. I've been touched, saddened by suicide losses in my family, former students and most recently another family member and young. Thank you for doing the run for all those lost too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing and thank you so much for helping to raise awareness for such a serious issue that affects so many of us.

    ReplyDelete