Saturday, February 27, 2016

Celebrating EdCampMadWi



Ruth Ayres has a link-up on weekends where people link to posts that are celebrations about their week. I love this reminder to celebrate every week.

Today I'm celebrating #EdCampMadWi. It was great to reconnect with colleagues and learn together.

I was able to attend quite a few sessions and got plenty of ideas to put into practice. I attended a session called Teaching Diversity and Global Cultures first. I also went to a session about Makerspaces.  In both sessions, there were excellent contributions that I'll be able to use at my school.

At lunch I was able to talk with a friend about the day and our libraries. That's what is so valuable about these types of experiences. We make connect with people and have the opportunity to share experiences.

After lunch, I was able to attend a few more sessions. I learned more about green/blue screens and am finally ready to go get my paint and put it all together. I was in another about Bringing Positivity to Team/Workplace and then the day was finished off with a session about coding.

I'm excited to read some of the books from the diversity session and hope to do the Global Read Aloud next year. I have some new things to add to our makerspace based on our discussion. I am also excited to get started with our green screen setup and creation. Whew! What a fun way to spend a day.

4 comments:

  1. Friends and learning - of course it is a reason to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many great take-aways! I've got a funny story - someone came up to me with her phone and said, "Is this you?" ;) It was fun meeting you in this fashion - next time we'll have to attend a session together so we can chat! I'm a huge reader and believer in using the library as much as possible. I hope you are able to follow through with all of your new plans! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a wonderful day, Crystal. Glad you found so many ideas to bring back to your school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Small world - we learned a bit about coding from Gene Luen Yang yesterday at a conference. He's written a series of MG graphic novels about coding. Your EdCamp sessions sound like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete