Saturday, November 7, 2015

Celebrate



Ruth Ayres has a link-up on weekends where people link to posts that are celebrations about their week. I love this reminder to celebrate every week.

This week I'm celebrating volunteering.

Someone volunteered to work in our library two days a week during our third grade hour. This is fantastic! She has been in twice now and helped students find what they need and also did work around the library. She's working in some classrooms too. She's going to be a wonderful addition to our school.

I was also able to volunteer this week. Our school district has a food pantry that is open once a month. I had a planning period that coincided with the distribution time so I was able to be a part of that on Friday. We set up everything and were able to connect families with perishable and non-perishable food. There are two sides of the volunteering experience. I love having someone help me, but it's also nice to be able to lend a hand to others.

2 comments:

  1. The giver and the receiver are both blessed. Thanks for recognizing a helping hand and for being one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to experience both. I loved when parents volunteered in class. It was so helpful to have individually work with students in different ways. I am volunteering, as I shared last week, at a local bookstore. I know it's helpful to them, but I will love it, too. Thanks for bringing up the value of both sides.

    ReplyDelete