Saturday, September 13, 2014

Celebrate!

Discover. Play. Build.

Ruth Ayres has a link-up on Saturdays where people link to posts that are celebrations about their week. I love this reminder to celebrate every day.

Here are my celebrations from the past week in no particular order.


** I had two fantastic runs this week. One was along the Mississippi and the arts area in La Crosse. There are poems printed into the sidewalks and I took the opportunity to blend my love for running and my love for reading. It was a beautiful crisp evening and my run was pretty close to perfect. The other run was this morning with a good friend. We ran in the wetlands seeing ducks, geese, a blue heron, and many other fun birds. The company was even better than the scenery.

View of Capitol building from the race start in Madison, WI
View of the finish line from Capitol building
** My husband completed his second Ironman. I was a seasoned spectator so we were able to plot our way through. We saw his entire swim, found a sneaky spot near the bike transition, saw him twice out on the bike and many times on the run. We even found an awesome viewing spot from high up on the capitol building and watched the first two finishers arrive.

** Oh, the food! Yum. We had a fabulous breakfast in hobbit style. We ate before the swim portion of the Ironman and since we got back to the hotel so quickly, we were lucky enough to have second breakfast too. We stopped at a Korean market after cheering out on the bike course. There we bought ice cream treats, drinks and cookies. After we cheered some more at the run, we found a greek place for a late lunch. With more hours to go, we eventually stopped for Jamba Juice (the kids), coffee (my mother-in-law) and bubble tea (for me) and contentedly rested on a bench.

** Classes at school have been going very well. I have shared some great books with students, The Pigeon Needs a Bath, The Adventures of Beekle and Naked! along with What Do You Do With an Idea? and Meet Danitra Brown. I have enjoyed getting to know the new students and reconnecting with the others. I especially liked meeting my tech crew for the first time and preparing for our first video announcements. The tech crew students are always so eager to create.

** My daughter typically plays singles in tennis, but it was a treat to get to see her play doubles this week. It's just always a treat to see her play, but her teammate was also a librarian's daughter. That made me giggle.


** A book celebration this week was reading Wild Things: Acts of Mischief in Children's Literature. I laughed out loud and had so much fun while reading it.


** My husband and I got to hike for a little while in a nearby forest. This is a really nice time of the year with pleasantly cool temperatures. Our hike would have been a tad longer, but we got a call from my daughter saying that we had an exchange student coordinator at our house and had we forgotten she was coming? Yup. We had. I was sad that she had to wait for us, but truly, I was glad I had forgotten or we wouldn't have hiked and I would have spent time cleaning when the house was actually fine.

I hope you had some great things to celebrate this week.

4 comments:

  1. Such an athletic family! Love the forest hike. The forest is my safe haven. Bird song and clean air and I de-stress in moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to read Wild Things. I love talking about subversion in children's literature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fresh air and pretty views in your week. Sport and reading run through your celebrations. And you do everything in a wonderful company. Have a lovely new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reminding me about Wild Things! Nice pics, too! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete