Monday, January 27, 2014

Multicultural Children's Book Day


Celebrating Diversity in Children's Literature

The bloggers at Jump Into a Book and Pragmatic Mom came up with the idea to celebrate Multicultural Children's Book Day. It sounded like a fantastic idea to me. Celebrating books and diversity at the same time is a definite winner.

If you are wondering why we need such a day or diverse literature, I wrote a post about that over on Rich in Color that addresses that question.

Here are some of my favorite multicultural children's lit titles.






I have connected with these books, cried, laughed, thought, and even dreamed. These are stories that matter. They help me see the strength and diversity in our world and share it with my students. If you are interested in seeing this list with more information about each title along with reviews, please visit my Multicultural Children's Book Day shelf on Goodreads. 
--Cover images were from Goodreads

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your favorite multicultural children's books and for supporting us for Multicultural Children's Book Day! We really appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete