Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Slice of Life: Yoga Wonderland


I'm going to give the Slice of Life challenge a try. Here's my first official Slice.


The past few days have been frigid and it is truly a crime to have below freezing temperatures without snow. Today though, we were gifted with a few flakes. Winter is certainly not my favorite season because I detest being cold, but even I loved it today. 

#Nerdlution is in full force so I had a bit of a dilemma. I plan to exercise every day in some way, but I didn't want to be outside in the cold. Leaving the house to go to the gym or run outside was out of the question. What to do?

My solution: I grabbed my yoga mat out of my car and unrolled it in the office to close myself away from everyone. It turned out to be a wonderful choice. My mat was facing the window so I got to relax, stretch and breathe while watching tiny flakes drift down from the sky. It felt like I was part of a giant snow globe.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome!
    I've seen so many reference to the #Nerdlution, but can't quite pin down what it is and how to do it. But do have SOL, so am trying to keep up with this!
    I live on a lake, and love being able to do my yoga facing east as the sun rises...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a fantastic view for yoga. :) Nerdlution is just a 50 day time period for resolutions and is Nerdy because it is mostly members of the Nerdybookclub that are participating.

    ReplyDelete