Monday, December 16, 2013

It's Monday! What are you reading?



It's Monday! What are you reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journeys. Jen Vincent over at Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee Moye from Unleashing Readers decided to put a children's and YA spin on it and they invite anyone with an interest to join in. You can participate by creating your post then visit one of their sites to add your site. Finally, visit at least three participant blogs and comment to spread the love.

If you want to know more about what I am reading, visit me at my Goodreads shelf. Images via Goodreads unless otherwise noted.

The Past Week

Nerdie Nominees




The non-fiction I read was excellent. My favorite books this week were the Animal Book, Parrots Over Puerto Rico, Something to Prove, The Boy on the Wooden Box, and Lincoln's Grave Robbers. I am almost ready to vote for the Nerdies, but I have one more book here at home (Out of the Easy) and three more on reserve at the library. Once I finish those, I will be voting. It will be tough though.


There wer also two books that I read that weren't on the list. Santiago Says was okay, but I would have liked a little more to the story. I really liked Friends. I have many friends that I lost contact with because of moving. It touched my heart.

The Coming Week
I am still listening to Rose Under Fire, but should be finishing that up this week. I have started Adventures in Blockworld: A Novel for the Young Minecraft Fans and Out of the Easy. I will also be reading Reality Boy, What the Heart Knows and The Show Must Go On for the Nerdies. If I have time with all of that, I will finish off with Matt de la Peña's The Living. I will be at the TIES convention in Minneapolis for two days this week, so this plan may be a little too optimistic, but I will give it a shot. What will you be reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment