Saturday, December 14, 2013

Celebrate!

Discover. Play. Build.

I have been seeing some of my #Nerdybookclub friends tweeting their #celebratelu posts and I had to find out what it is. Ruth Ayres has a link-up on Saturdays where people link to posts that are celebrations about their week. I was wanting to reflect on positive things in my life and this looks like a great way to do it. 

This week I had an unexpected trip. A colleague was scheduled to go to a conference on Culturally Responsive Practices and she was unable to make the trip. I got tapped to go at the end on the day on Wednesday. So with some fast and furious substitute arrangements, I was able to go and learn more about making our school more culturally responsive. In the course of the day I also had the added benefit of spending time with teachers from our district that I don't get to see very often.

Another fun thing about this week has been reading through the Nerdie nominees. I am reading Far Far Away right now and then there are only eight more to read. I haven't been able to get my hands on all of them though. It's been fun trying to get to as many as possible. I have two others at my house and three more are "in transit" but won't arrive to my library until Monday. 

One more nice thing about the week has been working on my #Nerdlution. My nerdy resolution was to write and exercise everyday for 50 days. This week I stumbled a bit mostly due to exhaustion after throwing a conference into the mix unexpectedly. One day I didn't write and one day I didn't exercise. One day I didn't do either. But the cool thing is that I still did exercise 5 days and write 5 days which I might not have done otherwise. As Pete the Cat would say, "It's all good."

3 comments:

  1. Crystal,
    This is my 3rd try at leaving a comment. If the other 2 show up feel free to delete...glad you are able to complete your nerdlution plans! What are you able the bring back from the conference to share?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only one comment showed up. Sorry the comments were being twitchy. We are hopefully going to get discussions going about the need for culturally responsive practices and now we have a few activities that we as a staff can do to make sure that everyone sees the different ways we can be diverse.

      Delete
  2. You can pat yourself on the back. You probably have done more regular writing and exercising than you would have without joining nerdlution. I hope that the discussions about culturally responsive practices will be rich and useful. Reading and good books are always worth a celebration. Have continuous fun reading and writing and exercising next week!

    ReplyDelete