Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Favorites

There was no possible way to limit this post to a top ten. I read over 500 books this year and so this is more like my top 10%. Since joining Rich in Color, I have been reading a lot more young adult titles and have been trying to choose more diverse literature. I want to continue that trend next year - more about that tomorrow. Here are some of the best of the best for me this year. -- Cover images are from Goodreads.


Young Adult
Dream Thieves
The Living
Openly Straight
Two Boys Kissing
Boxers & Saints
If I Ever Get Out of Here
Yaqui Delgado Wants to Kick Your Ass
Unravel Me
Bitter Kingdom
Rogue
Since You Asked
Proxy
Hattie Ever After
Winger

Middle Grade
Counting By 7s
True Blue Scouts of Sugar Man Swamp
The Garden of My Imaan
Flora & Ulysses
Doll Bones
Runaway King
The Real Boy
Bluffton

Poetry
Words with Wings
Gone Fishing
Lightning Dreamer
Follow Follow
What the Heart Knows

Non-fiction
The Great American Dust Bowl by Dan Brown
Frog Song
Locomotive
The Tree Lady
A Little Book of Sloth
Barbed Wire Baseball
Building Our House
The Boy Who Loved Math
Where on Earth?
When I Was Eight
A Splash of Red
Parrots Over Puerto Rico
The Animal Book
Tito Puente, Mambo King

Picture Books
Deep in the Sahara
NiƱo Wrestles the World
If You Want to See a Whale
Journey
Odd Duck
Tea Rex
Knock Knock, My Dad's Dream for Me
Battle Bunny
Marisol McDonald and the Clash Bash

What were some of your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment