Monday, September 2, 2013

Last Minute Scrambling

This weekend is the countdown. I am cramming in as many things as I can that I didn't get to over the summer. Some of these were done now due to procrastination: see cleaning & shopping.

  • School Shopping with daughter
  • Lesson planning
  • House Cleaning (resulted in 4 big bags for Goodwill, full recycle bin, 2 huge trashcans full)
    • bedroom closet
    • bedroom
    • son's old car - inside - eeek
    • daughter's bedroom (w some assistance)
    • son's bedroom (he's at college)
    • refrigerator
    • bathroom drawers
    • laundry
  • Nice birding/bicycling tour
  • Multiple Dr. Who episodes
  • Movie outing with hubby - The Butler
  • Running
  • Blog posts - book reviews
  • Reading
Whew! I am tired just thinking about it. I am looking forward to getting back into the school rhythm and I really love having everything organized and ready at home so I don't have to worry that chaos will be created immediately. It will probably take at least a week or two to go back to its original crazy state. 

The school library is that way too. I reorganized the storage area & shifted a few things in the library too. Isn't it great to walk into an orderly space? I keep asking my own children that question and they don't seem to agree. Or they don't want to because it would give me ammunition. :)

I am excited to see everyone, staff and students, tomorrow. This year will be one more learning adventure for all of us. I hope you have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment