Thursday, August 22, 2013

Getting Ready for School

Books for #bookbootcamp
Earlier this week I helped my son move into his new apartment near his college. Today I took a houseguest to the airport (after a two week stay) and then headed to my school to finally start working on my library.

It has been a fantastic and very full summer, but that meant minimal time in my library. There were stacks of mail to go through and piles of things to sort out and store. I had been dragging books and other supplies to my office all summer long, but hadn't been dealing with them.

While I looked at my office and the library, I felt a little overwhelmed with all that I need to accomplish in the next week, but I also felt energized and excited. I am happy to have learned with others at #nErDCampBC, #bookbootcamp, twitter, and at the American Indian Studies Summer Institute. I look forward to sharing what I have learned with my colleagues and my students.

I am itching to get to the decorating. I can't wait to make my ginormous Jabba the Puppett for the bulletin board.


I also can't wait to put up my giant TARDIS that my daughter created and is kindly allowing me to borrow.


This should be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment