Monday, May 6, 2013

It's Monday! What are you Reading?



Jen & Kellee over at Teach Mentor Texts host a meme every Monday that invites people to share the children's and young adult books they have been reading over the past week and what they plan on reading the following week.

You may find more complete information about what I am reading at Goodreads or by clicking on the Goodreads widget along the side of my blog.

I am strapped for time so will let the stars speak for themselves today. 
1=did not like it, 2=eh, 3=liked it, 4=really liked it, 5=it was amazing

The Past Week:

Picture Book


Middle Grade


Young Adult


The Coming Week:
I was listening to Eli the Good on audio, but the 4th CD is messed up, so if I can find another copy, I will finish that. Then I started Anna and the French Kiss, but I have to say I am not loving it so I may not finish. I requested The Crown of Embers from the library and it is "in transit" so that is up next. Jack Gantos is coming on May 20th, so I am going to try to get my hands on Hole in My Life that I need to read for the Printz Challenge anyway. I will also need to pick something to read for my next Rich in Color review. What will you be reading? Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. I just finished Center of Everything too--also a 4 star book for me. I've been trying to get through Summer Prince--thinking of adding it to the syllabus of the Adolescent Lit course I teach each spring--but I'm struggling! Need to get back to it before I forget what's going on. I enjoyed listening to Hole in My Life on audio--love the way audios make my hour-long commute seem like time well spent! Enjoy your week of reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Summer Prince was a different type of book for sure. I have never seen anything quite like it. LOVE the cover.

      Delete
  2. Hi there Crystal, I haven't come across any of these titles yet - they're all very new to me, particularly the middle grade novels. I should check those out. Center of Everything sounds like my kind of read. Thanks for sharing all these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I hope you find something you enjoy.

      Delete