Sunday, May 19, 2013

Another Year Winding Down

Some Things That Have Made Me Smile This Year

Skyping with Fabulous Authors
 The Origami Yoda Series
Watching Students Read  Together
Finishing the #Nerdbery Challenge with this book

I have been neglecting this blog a bit lately as the craziness of the end of the year has been taking hold. Realizing that I only meet with my classes one or two more times makes it all too real. We have done some fantastic things this year, but there are activities we didn't get to. I am already plotting and planning so I can try to fit those in next year.

This has been a learning year for staff as our district has been implementing the Common Core State Standards and a new English Language Arts curriculum. That has been exciting and fun and crazy making. We have seen students getting creative with the new lessons. I am hoping though that next year will be a little less stressful since we have already been through it once.

I think that I often am so busy at the end that I don't even have time to truly say goodbye to the students that are going on to middle school the way I would like to and I hope to do better with that in the next few weeks.

I wish you the best as your year finishes. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment