Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thinking Ahead to Poem in Your Pocket Day

One community explains their Poem in Your Pocket Day activities.

We had a great time celebrating Poem in Your Pocket Day last year. I am already looking forward to this day again and seeing the excitement of the students and staff as they read and share poetry.

The date is Thursday, April 18th so there is still time to get ready. Perhaps this year I may get more people involved in the planning and we can do even more. Oh, there are so many possibilities. Reading through the resources at Poets.org gives me all sorts of ideas.

After our event last year I heard about the book Pocket Poems and I bought it for our library. That should be helpful this year. 



Will you be celebrating Poem in Your Pocket Day? What kinds of things will you be doing?

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! Poem in Your Pocket Day is during spring break! I'll just have to reschedule it for our school :-) Not surprisingly, Pocket Poems is a great resource for pocket poems. There's one about snakes that I particularly like!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete