Friday, November 23, 2012

Holiday Reading and Writing


Thanksgiving is a time for family and food, but we also retreat to our own corners multiple times a day so we can remain friendly with one another. That's when I am doing some reading, working on my NaNoWriMo and fitting in some snacking too.

These are the pumpkin cupcakes that my NaNoWriMo characters make


I am struggling through M.C. Higgins the Great for the Newbery Challenge. The beginning didn't catch my attention. I am finally a little more interested as a key character has been introduced who brings some conflict to the story. I have promised myself that I get to start Starry River of the Sky if I manage to finish M.C. Higgins this weekend. That will be my reward. In the meantime, I have also finished a couple of novels in verse. I read Because I am Furniture and Orchards both of which had pretty heavy topics - suicide and domestic violence.

I have also been taking pictures that help me with the writing of my NaNoWriMo project. I love taking pictures normally, but they are helping my get ideas for my characters since one also enjoys photography. I have been way behind on NaNo and have been clawing my way out of a hole. I was more than 10,000 words behind, but have knocked that down to just under 7,000 and I have more time to write tonight. There is starting to be a light at the end of the tunnel. See you on the other side.

We had a super foggy day this week


























No comments:

Post a Comment