Friday, October 26, 2012

Skype Fun with Authors

I am so excited to have connected with a great professional learning network. Mr. Schu invited me to share on his blog about a Skype visit with Ame Dyckman. She visited with first graders at my school and we had such a fantastic time sharing with her. That visit and many more are part of the wild ride I've been on since Mr. Schu and Shannon Miller inspired me to start connecting with authors and illustrators. There are so many willing to visit with our classes if only we ask. Once I started, I just wanted to do more. Fortunately, Kate Messner provides a wonderful list of authors willing to Skype for free. That is where I have found several people for our classes. Twitter is another great resource. Origami Yoda author Tom Angleberger and Mal and Chad author Stephen McCranie both offered some random visits that way and I am so glad we managed to get some of their open time-slots. They did a fantastic job with our students. If you haven't tried it yet, I dare you to jump in and see the magic that can happen!

Visit with author Linda Urban

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this idea! I'm a pre-service teacher and I found your blog while scrolling through ProTeacher for ideas. Thanks for sharing! I look forward to perusing your blog and will share with my fellow teaching students.

    ReplyDelete